For the past 6 months or so, I’ve been illustrating a weekly column for The Forward, a new york based Jewish newspaper. The questions deal with interfaith life, as more and more modern jews begin relationships and families with non-jews. Here are a few of my favorites:
1. A black man converting to Judaism feels left out.
2. How can a mother and father from two different religions talk to their son about god?
3. A jewish girl going off to college wonders how hard it will be to keep kosher.
4. A pregnant woman ponders moving to a city without a jewish community.
5. A woman feels uncomfortable when on vacation with her boyfriend’s liberal family speaking out against Israel
6. A woman considering converting to Judaism.
7. A Catholic husband worries that he and his Jewish wife won’t be together in the afterlife.